Let’s face it, we all have bad breath sometimes. Still, it can be very embarrassing. And while there are many causes of bad breath––from onions to medications to dry mouth––there are just as many ways to try to get rid of it.
But you don’t have to cover up halitosis with sugary mints and alcohol-based mouthwashes. Read on because, as usual, nature has a solution.
Natural Bad Breath Cures
A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water just before each meal will aid digestion and clean your breath.
2. Taking Alfalfa tablets may help eliminate bad breath.
3. Chew anise, cardamom or dill to help mask odors. Anise, the licorice-flavored seed, kills the bacteria that cause odor.
4. Slowly chewing Fennel leaves can also relieve bad breath. Or, mix the contents of a fennel capsule with baking soda to make a paste, and brush your teeth, gums and tongue with it. The fluid extract of fennel can be rubbed on your gums and tongue.
5. Chewing mint, parsley, basil, rosemary, thyme and wintergreen will help mitigate bad breath. The oils in these herbs kill odor-causing bacteria, and the chewing action stimulates the production of saliva which helps combat bad breath.
6. Suck a lemon wedge sprinkled with salt to stop onion or garlic breath.
7. Sucking a small piece of cinnamon bark during the day may help relieve the problem.
And of course, always maintain good oral hygiene and drink plenty of water.
Follow these natural remedies to make sure your breath is always clean and sweet.