July is here, and you know what that means – grilling season, backyard barbecues, and the upcoming Labor Day holiday! Our family loves this time of year, not only is the weather gorgeous, but grilling season is the best!
We grill everything from steaks and hamburgers to vegetables and fruit to dessert. These Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sliders are a twist on the typical buffalo chicken. We often cook a few chicken breasts in the Slow Cooker and add barbecue sauce for a super easy dinner. But since my husband and boys all love the buffalo wing flavor, we decided to change it a bit.
Feeding our family the best ingredients possible is our number one goal. And using organic ingredients makes that possible.
We began by grilling the chicken breasts, since there was going to be lots of flavor from the Wild Oats Marketplace Buffalo Wing Sauce, we only added a little salt and pepper while grilling. After they were cooked, which only takes about 10 minutes, then we let them rest. It’s important to let meat rest after cooking so the juices are redistributed.
Then the chicken is shredded with forks, and the Wild Oats Marketplace Buffalo Wing Sauce was added. We used almost the whole bottle on 3 chicken breasts, keeping some to add to the sliders.
For me, the softness of buns can make or break the sandwich. So we used Hawaiian dinner rolls, which were the perfect size for the sliders.
To assemble them, we added Wild Oats Organic Ranch Dressing and a few pepper rings.
You can also use a Slow Cooker to fix these Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sliders. Place the chicken in the Slow Cooker, add the buffalo sauce and cook on low for 4 hours, then shredded the chicken and serve on buns.
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Yield: 12-14 sliders
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 (2 oz) bottle Wild Oats Marketplace Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Wild Oats Organic Ranch Dressing
- Pepper Rings, optional
- Preheat grill to medium heat, cook chicken for about 10 minutes
- Remove from grill and let rest for about 5 minutes so the juice redistribute through the chicken
- Shred chicken with forks and place in bowl
- Add buffalo sauce, reserving some to add to sliders when serving
- Serve on buns, with Wild Oats Organic Ranch Dressing and pepper rings, if desired