Between juggling work, schedules, family and friends, it can be difficult to think clearly. Thankfully, there are natural things you can do to help with things like concentration and memory. Check out great natural products to fuel brainpower and help you feel more on top of your daily routine.
Vitamin B Complex
B Vitamins are known as powerhouses when it comes to boosting brain energy levels. Specifically, Vitamins B6 and B12 help our neurotransmitters, which in turn helps improve our ability to think more clearly. Vitamin B9, better known as Folic Acid help to speed memory recall and information processing. You can find B-Complex in traditional capsules or as a gummy vitamin for adults who might have difficulty swallowing pills. Note: Keep gummy vitamins out of reach of children.
Flax is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which serve as powerful food for the brain. In fact, 60 percent of the brain consists of lipids (fats) which make up the lining, or cell membrane of brain cells. Consuming high-quality Omega 3 fatty acids provide vital nutrients for better brain functioning. In fact, research published in various scientific journals including American Journal of Psychiatry and Dementia and Geriatric Cognitive Disorders indicate that Omega 3 fatty acids may help boost mood and reduce the risk of dementia.
Known as an up-and-coming Superfood, Hemp Seeds contain Omega 3, 6, and 9 (the Essential Fatty Acids) and its very own unique compound which has been shown to promote memory, learning and immune function. According to research performed at the University of Michigan, Hemp seeds may stimulate the brain enzyme known as calcineurin, which helps with brain synapse activities. Seeds can be eaten straight from the bag; sprinkled on top of vegetables, soups, yogurt, and cereals; mixed into baked recipes; or blended into a gourmet nut butter.
You can combine nuts, seeds and berries to make your own brainpower trailmix!
– Sunflower seeds contain the amino acid tryptophan, an important amino acid that the brain converts to seratonin and Vitamin E, which may protect against Alzheimer’s.
– Peanuts also contain Vitamin E and minerals, which are important for brain nerve cells to function.
– Pumpkin seeds contain Zinc to help with recall and quick comebacks.
– Blueberries contain flavonoids, which help with learning and memory and may even delay the on-set of age related cognitive impairment. Look for dried blueberries, which are perfect in trail mixes!
– Almonds contain nutrientriboflavin and L-carnitine, which are vital nutrients known to fuel the brain.
– Walnuts contain Omega-3’s and antioxidants and recently where the subject of a study performed at Tufts University in Boston, which found that a walnut rich diet might improve mental ability.
– Raisins contain high amounts of boron, a crucial mineral that helps increase brain function.
Look in your bulk aisle to find great prices for your mix and stock up on sale and low priced Wild Oats items!